You Alone Have the Power to Save Your Marriage
Even though it's easier to save a marriage in which both partners are willing participants, there's no need to give up when you think you have to save your marriage alone. It can be done with the right kind of commitment and assistance. With persistence and the help of an experienced marriage coach, you can work at turning things around, even without your spouse's help. No one is going to tell you that it's going to be easy, because it took years to get your relationship into the shape it's in, but if you're willing to work hard and not give up, there's every possibility that you will be successful.
A marriage coach can make all the difference. To start with, you don't know the strategies that will help you salvage your union. He can teach you time-proven techniques that are guaranteed to make a difference. His website will provide you with a wealth of information that will be relevant and helpful, and knowing that he's with you in your crusade provides you with much-needed support. Battling by yourself to save your marriage can be a lonely place to be, a place where you need a friend who can understand what you're going through.
There's no doubt that saving a marriage by yourself is an uphill challenge, but it's one that countless couples have faced in the past. You may feel like your spouse just doesn't care any more, but that probably isn't true. You loved something about each other in the beginning, and that something is still there and worth being salvaged. It could well be that your spouse is worrying internally about your relationship, too. Just because he or she isn't saying anything doesn't mean that they don't dread the future they're seeing and wish that they knew how to get what they had back. No one likes facing being alone, having financial worries, raising children alone or sharing them, and starting life all over again.
It's definitely worth your effort to contact a marriage coach and work with him to save your marriage, even if you have to do it alone. Don't give up on your relationship until you know it's really gone.
Some people believe in the saying that if something isn't broke you should not try to fix it but that isn't always the case. It is always possible to make things better and it is possible to prevent a lot of heartache in the future.
One example would be a bridge being built with temporary foundations. These foundations may be strong enough at the start but after a few months of wear and tear, cracks may start to appear. If left untreated the bridge will fall apart causing great damage. Now, if before the bridge was completed, time and effort was spent in making the foundations strong and robust, no trouble would occur. This can be the same with marriage and it is possible to take steps for saving your marriage before it starts.
The early days of marriage can be bliss
Obviously when two people are in love and decide to get married, things are going well. After all, marriage is a serious proposition and people should consider it greatly before rushing into it. Consideration should also be given to how life will change after marriage and what it will be like living together. Many couples do not live together before marriage which can cause them to have a great adjustment when they become married.
Thinking about what things could go wrong and discussing the various beliefs that the partners share are great steps in saving your marriage before it starts. If problems are discussed before they occur, it can be easier to reason them out on a hypothetical basis and without the emotional attachment. This means couples can understand where the other person is coming from with regards certain view points or ideals. Leaving these discussions until problems occur can be far too late to make any rational decision over what has taken place.
Talking things over is not a sign of weakness
Some people may think that taking steps in saving your marriage before it starts is an admission of defeat and showing signs of concern. In fact, nothing could be further from the truth. Couples that are prepared to discuss disagreements and bad points before they take place are showing a willingness to stick together and work through any difficulties. This is showing a great commitment to the sanctity of marriage and can be a great help in staying together as a couple. Showing a willingness in saving your marriage before it starts indicates that two people want to spend the rest of their life together and this has to be seen as a positive step
I don't do this for just anybody but I'm going to let you into my marriage in hopes of helping you figure out how to save your marriage. My only request is that actually do something positive to improve your marriage after reading this information.
Ok, when I first got married I was madly in-love and not afraid to let anyone and everyone know about it. No one could tell me I hadn't found my perfect love. Marriage advice was something I had no time for or interest in hearing about because to me it was for people who weren't really in-love or married to the wrong person. I never thought in my wildest dreams that I too would one day, be looking for information on how to save my marriage.
Problem # 1 - I really didn't know how to be married. I found out after a short while that I was legally married but with nor formal marriage training or guidance I continued to act like I was single. I still hung out with my friends on Friday evening and worked as if I was married to my job. This quickly caused my marriage to sour and bitterness and resentment surfaced.
Solution - It doesn't matter if you are newly weds or celebrating your 10th wedding anniversary. If you don't want to have the need to learn how to save your marriage, make sure you get your priorities straight. Make sure you put your spouse and marriage first in your life and you will have a happier and healthier relationship. I learned to and it made all the difference in the world.
Problem # 2 - I played mind games and hurt my spouse. I can tell you that I was very good at giving my spouse the silent treatment. I was also good at pretending I didn't care at times whether our marriage would survive or not. What this caused is a lot of pain and needless resentment and frustration.
How did I end my childish behaviors? It became clear to me one day when we had a blowup and were seconds away from hitting each other. Then the tears flowed and at that point we realized that if something didn't change we would end up in the hospital, jail or divorce court.
Problem # 3 - I started taking my marriage for granted. OK after being married for a number of years it's easy to get comfortable and assume your in it for life so why not just coast. My thought was that since neither one of us is going anywhere I guess we are doing better than at least 50% of the married couples who are getting divorced each year. I didn't realize how close I was to joining the 50% crowd. Just because your spouse doesn't tell you they are unhappy it doesn't mean you are heading in the right direction.
I hope you understand that if you aren't growing closer and building a stronger relationship you are growing apart and your bond is weakening. I assure you that it's got to be one or the other. One day after hearing the words "I feel lonely" from my spouse I realized that I needed to once again examine what I was doing and make sure I was listening. It had nothing to do with sex and everything to do with being intimately involved. We were ale to overcome taking each other for granted.
I have shared a few mistakes I have made during my married life in hopes of helping you to figure out that it's time to learn how to save your marriage https://www.bettermarriage.com.au/. I'll be honest and say that at times I was clueless and still need some tips and advice to keep me in-line. I'm happy to say that after 27 years of marriage our marriage is stronger than it has ever been.
Comments
Post a Comment